Archive for July, 2010
July 30th, 2010
An excellent resume can really boost your career
The moment you decide to apply for a job, you will need a resume. A resume is essentially your professional summary with details like your educational qualifications and work experience that gives the reader an idea of how well you fit the job you are applying for. Thus, it is imperative that you know how to write an excellent resume so that you get your dream job.
We have compiled few tips here that you can incorporate to write a captivating resume.
Keep it concise
It happens with majority of people that when they start composing their resume they strongly feel the urge to write down anything and everything about themselves. Before giving in to that temptation remind yourself that your potential employer goes through hundreds of resumes each day. To him only that information will matter which relate directly to the job in question. So refrain yourself from mentioning your personal interests and all of your professional and academic accomplishments unless they make your case stronger for the job you are applying.
Keep your resume within one or two pages with your most recent and relevant work experience at the beginning so that it easily catches the attention of the reader.
Use bullet points to write your accomplishments which are easy to read and increase clarity of the resume.
A proper job objective
Before even starting to write your resume, think hard about your objective. Ask yourself, why you want that particular job and what you possess that will make the employer want to hire you. Coining a clear and targeted job objective is the first step towards writing an excellent resume.
Once you determine your job objective you can start structuring your resume around that objective. You may study resume example to know more about job objectives.
Keep the focus right
As you proceed to compose your resume, always keep in mind the basic objective of resume writing. The objective of a resume is to fetch interviews and it is nothing but a marketing tool that you possess. So, when writing your resume, keep this focus in mind while mentioning your accomplishments and professional qualifications. Your resume should underscore what you can offer so that the organization benefits from hiring you.
How to increase readability
Instead of long sentences and paragraphs, go for bullet points to highlight the points you want the reader to pay attention to. Bullet points also lend a professional look to a resume.
Dig deeper into your work experience and come up with accomplishments that make you stand apart from the rest. If you had done any volunteer work in school, or a summer job in college then that can be mentioned also. You may use such examples to prove your professionalism and sense of responsibility. All these little points will add up to create an excellent resume.
Make sure that after you finish writing your resume you proofread it several times before submitting it. A resume should not have any spelling or grammatical mistake. You can ask your friends or counselor for suggestions. You may incorporate the changes they suggest to compose a perfect resume.
Writing a good resume is not that tough. You only have to be honest to yourself and use correct words to showcase your skills and expertise. You may check out executive resumes and get more information. Once you have got all the tips you can easily compose an excellent resume.
July 28th, 2010
A sample HR manager resume- to study examples of resumes
Much have been said and discussed about the importance of human resource in a company. It is the human resource that makes it possible for a company to achieve its goals and vision. A company which has a skilled and dynamic human resource can withstand all economic problems and function properly in face of all adversities. And the human resource department of a company creates the human image of it. The human resource personnel shoulder the crucial responsibility of recruiting, nurturing and retaining the human resource. And thus, as a human resource manager you have a critical job to perform. Your resume, therefore must underscore the skills and expertise that you possess and also your accomplishments that make you the most sought after human resource manager. For a HR manager, soft skills are of utmost importance. So, your resume must highlight that also. Let us compose examples of resumes of a HR manager so that the task of resume writing becomes easier for you.
314, Main Street,
Applestone Park, Arizona
Highly skilled and result oriented HR professional with experience of over nine years is looking for a HR manager position to utilize skills and expertise
Summary of qualification:
• Result oriented, highly energetic HR manager with extensive experience in HR
• Outstanding oral and written communications skills
• Excellent leadership and negotiation skills
City Resources, New York, January 2007- till date
• Responsible for recruiting, interviewing and hiring of new staff
• Analyze training need identification and implement training programs
• Responsible for annual appraisals and proposing of new salary structures
• Handle administration of all company benefits like healthcare and benefits
• Perform data entry and maintain files of new and existing employees and all transactions such as promotions, salary hikes, transfers, performance evaluations and training and medical records
IT Corp, Houston, March 2004 – December 2006
Junior HR Manager
• Handled recruitment of IT professionals
• Administered compensation, benefits and performance management systems
• Allotted human resources to ensure optimum use of existing resources and appropriate match for personnel
• Implemented organizational policy matters in accordance with government directives like sexual harassment, labor laws etc.
• Designed soft skills training programs
• Implemented several programs to attract and retain staff like recreational activities and loyalty schemes
Transworld IT Solutions, New York, February 2003 – February 2004
Senior HR executive
• Responsible for maintaining good work environment in the company
• Put up ads in newspapers and source resumes from popular websites
• Shortlisted candidates and took interviews for various positions in the organization
• Handled all enquiries regarding leaves, salary and benefits
• Maintained information like late and leave records and appraisals
• Responsible for organizing trainings for employees
KP Solutions, Houston, January 2001 – January 2003
• Assisted the HR manager in carrying out day-to-day activities
• Maintained employee attendance records
• Assisted in screening applicants and scheduling interviews
• Helped in conducting internal training programs and evaluated the feedback
• Knowledge of MS Office
• Proficient in German and French other than English
• Understanding of workplace ergonomics
• Master’s Degree of Business Administration in Human Resource Development from University of Texas, 2000
• Bachelor of commerce from LA College, 1998
Available upon request
You can use our resume example to compose your own resume. You can also study other examples of resumes to get a broad guideline about HR resumes. Our executive resumes can give you valuable suggestions.
July 26th, 2010
Advertising executive resume as examples of resume
Advertisement agencies handle the task of creating advertisements for other companies and also work towards creating awareness of the product. Although we have a general idea that all those who are engaged in this profession are required to be creative but in reality those who are involved in conceptualization and productions of advertisement campaigns are the creative one. Other than these, an advertising agency requires administrative and other staffs to handle day-to-day activities. Those who look after the administrative tasks of an advertising agency are referred to as advertising executive. The job responsibilities of an advertising executive will vary a lot depending on his experience and the production levels that are present in an agency. To make these things clear let us create examples of resume and take advertising executive as one of the examples. Through this resume you can learn a lot about resume writing also.
563, West Main Street,
A well trained and highly experienced advertising executive with more than nine years of experience is seeking a position of leadership in the management of level in advertising
Areas of expertise:
• Account development and management
• Customers’ requirements assessment
• Account retention
• Key account development
• New product introduction
• Handled accounts like McDonalds’ and Adidas
The Pioneer Advertisements Agency, CA, January 2006- present
• Maintain business relationships with over 120 existing customers
• Selling display retail advertising space in nominated territory
• Create ad campaigns for existing customers
• Identify potential customers and develop ad campaigns for them
• Develop proposals and help customers in creating marketing campaigns
• Schedule and manage art work, web and offset printers
• Manage territory forecasting and revenue reports
The New York Weekly magazine, March 2003- December 2005
• Developed client base through extensive networking
• Restored four key accounts
• Crafted proposals and negotiated prices with key customers
• Regularly achieved sales quota
SRK Advertising, CA, February 2001- February 2002
Advertising Sales Coordinator
• Researched on product and general information on prospective advertisers
• Operated as primary contact for clients on inquires regarding pricing and schedules etc.
• Managed customer account database
• Coordinated between multiple departments like production, account and marketing
• Monitored competitor’s brand
• Prepared and maintained marketing and sales reports
Master’s degree in Public Relations, Major in Advertising, 2000, Stanford University
Bachelor’s degree in Business and Communication, California State University, 1998
Conversant in Spanish and German
Proficient in Ms Word and Excel
Recordkeeping and data management
Organizational and motivational communication skills
Brand and product development
California State Ad Club, 2006- present
Public Relations Society of America
American Advertising Federation
Gold Student Addy winner, 1999
Interests include photography, hiking, traveling and sports
Will be available on request
When it comes to experience and relevant qualifications for the position of advertising executives, employers are very particular. So you should be very careful when writing your resume. Having required experience and skill is not enough, you have to present those in a manner that makes the employer want to employ you. Studying resume example may help you in writing examples of resume. You may try our executive resumes to get more details.
July 24th, 2010
An actor’s resume to show how to compose examples of a resume
We associate actors with glamour and glitz. To us, actors belong to a different world far from the mortal one in which we live. We forget that acting is a job and like other jobs actors have to apply for it. And for applying jobs they need resume too, like us. But since acting as a career is different than any other career so an actor’s resume needs to be quite different. Click here to know more about resume writing. Separate sections need to be included which highlights an actor’s experience in showbiz. Unlike our resume, an actor’s resume must describe his physical attributes also. But at the same time, an actor’s resume must highlight his acting skills and other activities that increase his opportunity of getting roles in the industry. Let us try to compose examples of a resume of an actor and show you how can compose one for yourself.
Affiliated to: AFTRA
31, West Street,
New York – 312313
Residential Phone- 313-212-3412
Weight: 160 lbs
Only for hatred Lead Universal Films
Beyond death Lead Fox Pictures
Generation X Lead Playhouse Films
Dancing with you Lead Twenty two Productions
Love life Supporting Little Films Productions
High tide Supporting Super Films
For Kelly, my dear Lead People Theater
Men from New York Supporting Little Theater
Crippled Lead Little Men’s group
Life & death Lead National Theater
Merry Mr. Meddley Supporting Little Men’s group
The man who stole my heart Lead People Theater
Love and Me Lead ABC Productions
Mystery at the farmhouse Principle Fox Tone TV
Teen Watch Cast member Home bound Productions
Cops from New York Lead Sun Televisions
If only you knew Guest Appearance ABB Productions
Future Shopping Narrator Zenith Agency
Elite Fashion House Speaking Scorpio Productions
Webnews Principle A-1 Web
Hope for future Screen and stage San Diego, California
Acting School Method acting Los Angeles
School of Performing Arts Drama Degree New York
Graduation from Yale University in 1998
• Fluent in Spanish, German and French
• Computer literate
• Tango dancing, tap dancing, Hip Hops, fencing, speed skating, Martial Arts, Rock climbing, advanced driving skills
Accent: British Cockney
Human Resource Manager
An actor needs a good resume to get auditions. Casting managers prefer brief and to the point resumes. So always keep your resume brief. Mention only the points which are pertinent to the position that you are applying for. You may choose not to include all of your experience but only those that are relevant to the character. In this way, you can keep your resume short and underscore your skills better. Actors with many years of experience can have a separate portfolio other than a resume. A portfolio will give you a better scope to highlight your acting capability. You may study other examples of resume. Studying resume example will give you more ideas. An actor’s resume must be submitted along with a photograph. Our executive resumes can be very beneficial to you.
July 20th, 2010
A sample IT Project Manager Resume as an example of resumes
The field of IT is ever changing. As new technology appears, older technology gets outdated and newer concepts are introduced every day. This, on one hand creates a good learning experience but on the other hand, when changing jobs you have to be very cautious about your resume. Your resume must reflect how fast you can adapt yourself to new technology. If this seems too tough for you then you may check out our resume example. By studying example of resumes you will develop a fair idea of what to include in your resume. We will try to help you by giving you an example in this article which will make the task of resume writing easier for you. Let us get started with an example of IT resume.
203, Broughton Avenue, New York,
Mobile phone: (644) 567-0123
Project manager with 9+ years of IT experience
Summary of qualifications:
• Wide-ranging experience in managing IT project life cycle through all phases
• Extensive knowledge of risk management and integration management
• Experience in handling IT budget analysis
• Sound technical knowledge of database management, systems architecture and network administration
• Proficiency in writing IT proposals and understanding client requirements
• Excellent track record of delivering the IT products on schedule and under budget
• Excellent skills in client handling and providing after-sales support
• Outstanding interpersonal skills in communications and negotiations
• Successfully trained, mentored and motivated onsite and offshore engineers and developers
Project Manager – January 2005 – present
Well-IT Solutions, New York
• Formulate strategies for prototyping, research and development of new software for automotive industry
• Manage software system development through all phases of PLC.
• Provide training to onsite and offshore junior managers and technicians.
• Mentor new recruits in the project development team
• Coordinate user acceptance testing of final IT software deliverables
Project Manager – December 2002 – December 2004
Global Solutions, Minnesota
• Handled project planning, execution and monitoring of multiple projects
• Reporting to the stakeholders on the status of the ongoing projects
• Developed and managed the resources and vendors for the project
• Designed presentations for project life cycles
Systems Analyst – January 2001 – November 2002
ITCraft Solutions, CA
• Participated in the planning, budgeting and resource allocation for a project on banking solutions
• Assisted in documentation of functional and technical specifications
• Actively participated in database designing and data modeling
• Headed the QA Testing team
• Developed testing plans for unit, system and acceptance tests.
Technical and Management skills:
• LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, IPX/SPX, FTP
• RDBMS- SQL Server, Oracle
• UNIX, Linux, Novell Netware, Windows 2000 and XP Server
• Web based software architecture, design and integration
• Master of Science in IT from University of California, 2000
• Bachelors’ degree in IT from University of California 1998
• Certification course in Oracle
• PMI certified Project Management Professional
Will be provided upon request
This article must have given you some ideas on writing example of resumes. You can click on executive resumes for further assistance. You can use this resume example as a guideline to develop your own resume which will showcase your skills and expertise.
July 18th, 2010
A CNA resume as example of resume
Healthcare industry is one of the most sought after industries today. It provides a lot of career opportunities which are highly paid and offer ample scope of growth. One such career option is that of a CNA. If you are a CNA and is searching for a job then you must compose a resume which will highlight your caring and compassionate nature along with the skills and experiences that make you the most preferable candidate. Here is an example of resume of a CNA which will give you the basic idea of resume writing.
205, Clinton Avenue, New York,
I am a certified nursing assistant with over six years of experience in healthcare seeking a suitable position in a reputed healthcare institute where I can apply my clinical skills and my supervisory and leadership qualities.
Summary of qualifications:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• In depth knowledge of age specific care
• Knowledge of infection control standards
• Hands on experience in providing routine basic needs of patients
• Certified Nursing Assistant Course, St. Agnes College, G.P.A- 4.2, Minnesota (2004)
• High School Diploma from St. Mary’s School, New York (2002)
Skills and certifications:
• Took direct care of patients
• Linen changing/bed making
• Incontinence management
• Infection control
• Observing patients and reporting the same
• Recording vital signs
• Maintaining records of fluid intake
• Assistance in daily living
• Documentation of patient care
• Ms Office literate
• Certification in First Aid from American Red Cross, 2004
Peters Nursing Home – Hartfield
Certified Nursing Assistant (February 2008-till date)
• Provided routine care to the patients
• Administered injections and medicines
• Assisted in bathing and maintaining personal hygiene
• Served meals and helped those who cannot feed themselves
• Monitored and recorded vital signs, height, weight, temperature pulse etc
• Maintained cleanliness of the ward
• Spent time with the patients and observed their physical, social and psychological developments and reported the same
• Participated in admission and discharge procedures
• Assisted patients with incontinence
• Nurtured positive outlook to cater to patients’ emotional needs
St. Joseph’s Medical Centre, Minnesota
Certified Nursing Assistant (March 2004-January 2008)
• Provided nursing care to the patients as per procedures
• Assisted patients with bathing, dressing and looked after their hygiene
• Monitored patients’ fluid intake
• Supervised patient care of a 13 bed unit
• Responsible for cleaning of the ward
• Reordered supplies and handled supply requisitions
• Made beds, changed linen as required
• Helped patients with partial immobility to move
• Gave enemas to patients when required
Max Export House, New York
Sales assistant (January 2002-February 2004)
• Handled customer queries
• Maintained sales reports
• Assisted customers in placing orders
• Imparted training to new recruits
• Operated cash register
Will be provided upon request
This resume example will give you a guideline about composing resumes that are effective. You may bring necessary changes in the format of our example of resume as per your requirement. But pay attention to the presentation and format so that it creates a long lasting impression. You may check out executive resumes for further assistance.
July 16th, 2010
Crafting the perfect engineering resume
Engineering as a profession is a highly rewarding one for candidates who have sound technical knowledge and are confident. As a career option engineering has always been preferred by meritorious students from the science background. Every year thousands of students qualify as engineers with dreams of making their mark in the field of engineering. Not all of them succeed but those who do, do not attribute their success to their educational qualification or experience but a well crafted effective resume. Yes, an effective engineering resume can definitely lay the foundation stones for a strong career.
To write an effective resume you have to first understand what your employer is looking for. There are actually two basic questions that you have to answer. One is what results are the employer expecting and the second, what specific skill sets are required to obtain those results.
The format of your resume must be simple yet powerful enough to let the employer realize how your technical skills can benefit him. Although chronological format is most widely used yet you can use a combination format, in which you can give equal importance to skills and experience, accomplishments and your employment history and at the same time can highlight the projects. View resume example to get more ideas.
Engineering as a field is essentially a project oriented one. Thus, your resume must be oriented towards highlighting the projects you have handled.
An engineer is expected to have an eye for details. So a single mistake in your engineering resume can reduce your chances drastically. Always proofread your resume for any mistake and if possible take help of a friend to do so.
Although a lot of people opine to have an objective at the beginning of a resume, but it is not absolutely essential. In case, you decide to have one, make sure that it matches the job in question.
Beware of writing anything negative in your resume. Reasons for job changes or professional setbacks should never find a place in your resume. Remember that the employers look for confident, positive and enthusiastic persons who can contribute to the growth of the organization and prove to be an asset. Click here to get further tips on resume writing.
For a technical field like engineering, selection of proper keywords and using them judiciously is of utmost importance. While describing the projects you have handled, use these keywords so that your resume becomes attractive to the employer.
While writing about your accomplishments in your engineering resume, put stress on your supervisory skills and capacity building skills. Also give real life examples about your ability to work in a team and motivate it. In fact, you can present a separate section on your soft skills. Our executive resumes may guide you further.
Remember to keep your resume concise and to the point.
Take extra effort to make your resume look professional. An aesthetically appealing resume will make your task easier.
A resume works as a marketing tool to lure the hiring manager to call you for an interview and eventually offer you the job. A well crafted engineering resume is all you need to grasp opportunities that are hard to come by.
July 14th, 2010
Step by step guide towards building an engineer resume
Young engineers aspiring to make their mark in the field of engineering make one common mistake. They assume that a standard resume is enough for applying jobs. On the contrary, an engineer resume should lay stress on achievements, skills and projects. Moreover, the resume must include a lot of keywords as most of the recruiters use scanning software to store resumes. But do not think that I am discouraging you, rather I am mentioning these to make you aware of the pitfalls ahead.
The best thing to do when writing a resume is to start with the appropriate resume format. The next task is to extensively search in job sites and engineering related sites to know about keywords which you can incorporate in your resume so that your resume yields positive results when put under scanning software.
Start your task of resume writing by researching on what the employers are looking for in their employees in terms of goals, services and mission of the organizations. Once you gather this information your task will be simpler as you can focus your resume on this information.
Be very precise while composing an objective statement. The statement must express your career goals along with your expertise and how you can contribute to the long term goals of the company. Click on resume example and see what experts are suggesting.
The experience section of your resume must be well articulated. Remember that the employer will be particularly interested about this section amongst all the sections of your engineer resume. Use bulleted list to convey your message.
Be very specific while writing about your achievements. Mention how you brought changes in assembly line, how you introduced new tooling concepts or reduced programming times. Your accomplishments must be impressive enough to offer you an interview call.
Your educational qualifications must match with the requirement of the employer. In the reverse chronological order write about the courses you have undertaken, the name of the institutes from which you did them and the year of completion.
If you have participated in any technical course then mention that also.
Highlight all the technical skills that you possess so that the employer can appreciate how you can prove valuable to his organization.
Any additional activity that you are interested in and which may give your employer a fair idea about your competence must be included in your engineer resume. Our executive resumes may prove helpful to you.
These may include any foreign language you know, or honors or awards you have won or scholarships you have received, your college activities or community involvement etc.
You should provide a list of references for the employer.
- Other than the points mentioned above, be very careful about the overall formatting and presentation of your resume which speak about your professionalism and organizational skills.
- Try to restrict your resume within two pages.
- Make your accomplishments the focus of the resume.
- Lastly, never lie in your resume. The chances are that you will be caught and then it will be too embarrassing for you.
- Make your resume readable and interesting by proper formatting and right use of keywords.
Take enough time to prepare your resume. When you have spent at least five years to get an engineering degree, you should give your engineer resume enough time so that it becomes an effective one that portrays your proficiencies and experience in the right light.
July 12th, 2010
Compose an employment resume example that will fetch job interviews
No matter how much you want to avoid, but being a professional you have to write resumes whenever you want to switch jobs. The task can be daunting but you cannot evade it. Moreover, when your image and your future career prospects depend on it, you cannot take it lightly also. But believe me, resume writing is not difficult when you are clear to yourself about what you should write and how. An employment resume example may help you to understand what you should put in a resume.
A well crafted resume can win you interview calls and also create the right image with the potential employers. You have to present the key aspects of your skills, experience and accomplishments that are pertinent to the job and show the employer how you can contribute to the success of the organization.
Choose the right format
You must select the correct resume format. Depending on your career history you have to select between a chronological format and a functional format or combine both to create the best impression.
Begin your resume with your own information like your name, contact phone numbers and email address. Preferably, you should print your name in a slightly bigger font than rest of the employment resume example.
An extremely professional way to let the employer know about your aspirations and how it is aligned to the job in question is to have a career objective.
Summary of qualifications
The employer will be assessing your accomplishments to understand how you can contribute to the growth of the organization. Present your accomplishments concisely in about two or three sentences so that the employer feels intrigued to delve into your resume. For more ideas and help check resume example.
Make sure that you use pertinent keywords in your resume which will strongly put forward your candidature.
You should give a brief account of the positions you held in reverse chronological order. Mention the name of the company, the posts you held and the tenure of the service in the employment resume example. Also give a brief description of your duties and responsibilities.
You must have a separate section on your educational qualifications where the information must be organized in reverse chronological order. Do not forget to mention the courses you undertook, the name of the college or institute and also the year of completion. Remember, a sound educational background increases your chances of getting the interview call. View executive resumes for more help in this regard.
If you have undergone any technical course then you must present those in a separate section in the resume. This will prove your capabilities to the potential employer.
Other than the technical and educational qualifications if you possess any additional skill that is relevant to the job then mention that also. If you have professional affiliations or have won awards then underscore them appropriately.
Never list your references on the resume but maintain a separate sheet for them.
Format your resume so that it looks professional. Remember your presentation skills will go a long way in creating a positive impression. Your employment resume example must show you in the right light to the potential employer.
July 8th, 2010
Emailing resume- the things you should know
The internet has affected many aspects of our life and applying for a job is one of them. Most employers nowadays ask the applicants to email their resume. It is fast, convenient and saves paperwork. For employers maintaining a database of resumes is easier and they can search for resumes by just a click. To reap the benefits of such a technology you need to know how to email a resume. Emailing resume is an easy thing to learn and this article will teach you about the guidelines to be followed while sending resumes through emails.
You know the importance of first impression and its everlasting effect. But when you will be sending an email the first impression is created not by a handshake but by your presentation on screen.
While sending emails to prospective employers forget what instant messaging has taught you. What I want to say is that, be careful about the habits of writing incomplete sentences and use of abbreviations. You must write in proper English while applying for jobs. You can view resume example to know more.
You should not write casual emails when applying for a job. Brush up your English language and remember what your school teacher taught you.
When emailing resume, get rid of those backgrounds that you use when sending mails to your friends. You should opt for only traditional fonts and a white background with the text in black.
If you include your mobile number in the contact information then your voicemail message should be normal and should not include music.
Always accompany your job application with a cover letter and address the reader.
Do not forget to customize the cover letter according to the job requirements.
Be very brief when writing your cover letter and resume. To the point and straightforward approach is what the employers look for. When they scan through resumes they mainly look for the positions you have held, the companies where you were employed and your educational background. So always put stress on these three things while composing your resume. To get more tips on this click on resume writing.
Strictly follow the instructions that have been specified in the job advertisements while emailing resume. Due to threats of virus attacks people generally avoid opening attachments coming from unknown people. So, often in advertisements it is particularly mentioned in what form the resume must be send. You should follow the format they are asking for.
If you are asked to paste the resume in the body of the email message then make sure that it is properly formatted. You may have to make some changes in your resume. Our executive resumes may help you out.
You should highlight the relevant points properly and use shorter text lines and insert spaces between sections to make it easier to read.
Before hitting the send button make sure that the resume looks good in other email systems and on computer screens.
Send your resume only after proofreading it. Emailing resume is easy, only thing is you have to be very careful about the minute details which can land your resume in the trash bin and neever give anyone that chance.