IT sample resume to show how to write technical resumes
The IT sector has seen some unprecedented turmoil in the last few years. It has recovered from recession and has started expanding again. To take advantage of this positive scenario IT professionals need an appropriate IT sample resume.
In this article we will compose an IT resume and also discuss how to write a good resume. We hope that this article will be helpful for all the aspiring IT professionals.
For an IT professional it is necessary that he learns new technology very quickly and is able to adapt to any situation. He has to be very flexible and his skill set must be updated regularly to keep pace with the technology.
204, Broughton Street, New York,
Mobile phone: (244) 567-5678
A technically sophisticated IT manager with a path breaking career is looking for a suitable position. Endowed with strong leadership skills with focus on bottom line results has resulted in the culmination of several IT projects which has won accolades from the employers. Excellent record of delivering large scale projects on time and within budget.
Summary of qualifications:
• Extensive knowledge of LAN and WAN, e-mail and internet security
• Skilled in designing infrastructure and supporting users at remote locations
• Effective in managing IT staff and training new recruits
• Excellent skills in managing all phases of IT projects from needs analysis to implementation and training
• In depth technical knowledge of database management and systems architecture
• Skilled in writing IT proposals and understanding requirements of the clients
• Excellent track record of delivering projects on schedule and under budget
• Superior interpersonal skills and negotiations skills
Note: while writing about your work experience try to include details about your accomplishments also in your IT sample resume.
IT Manager – March 2005 – present
Global IT Solutions, New York
• Responsible for all computer and telephony system of the $25 million company
• Provide training to onsite and offshore junior managers and technicians
• Provide support to 240 employees located in two different states
• Responsible for evaluating all software for business processes
IT Manager – January 2002 – February 2005
Globsyns Solutions, Minnesota
• Implemented a help desk for 500 employees
• Headed a team of 4 junior IT managers in supporting corporate head quarters
• Responsible for supporting LAN and WAN of the company
• Administered email of the entire company and trained the employees regarding the same
Systems Analyst – March 2001 – February 2002
Sterling Solutions, New York
• Responsible for LAN and WAN of the company
• Managed the migration from Novell to Linux
• Responsible for installation and management of LAN in all the training centers across the country
Windows 2008, Linux, UNIX
MS office, Outlook
IBM servers, hubs, switches, voicemail, Cisco routers, Gateway servers
• B.S. in Computer Science from University of California, 2000
• Bachelors’ degree in IT from University of California 1998
• Certification course in Oracle
References:Will be provided upon request
This IT sample resume must have cleared the doubts you had about resume writing. You can get further tips by studying CV tips. Always remember that resume writing can be mastered with patience and perseverance. The internet can also help you in this regard. You can check out free resume examples and learn more.