Your Guide To A Winning Resume
Writing a resume is a daunting task for some people. The problems you may face while writing a resume can be from where and how to start and what to include. But with some forethought you can actually write a winning resume and impress the employer. Let us give you resume advice so that you can write a wining resume.
Why do you need a good resume?
Writing a resume and sending it to prospective employers is the first step of job hunting. It is your opportunity to sell yourself in the job market. You will be judged by the potential employers’ through your resume. Your resume will get around 20 seconds of an employer’s valuable time. Your resume should have those elements which will spark interest in the screener to go through its details and call you for an interview. This is the original objective of your resume! So, whenever you write a resume remind yourself of the purpose of the resume.
Here are some tips on resume writing:
- Your goal when writing a resume should be to create interest in the employer. This objective should set the tone of your resume and help in to stand out amongst thousands of resumes. So our first advice is to define your job objective.
- Your resume should be direct enough to arouse interest in the screener. He should be enticed enough to go through it and call you for an interview.
- Remember that your resume is not an account of your past or your self-expression.
- Your name should appear on top of the resume and in larger font than rest of it. Beneath it write your permanent and temporary address (if you have any) and your email address. Do not mention any fancy email address. Your email address should sound professional.
- If you want to mention your career aim, then do it succinctly in a few sentences. It should be specific to the job and the company you are applying to.
- While writing your education and qualifications, start with the most recent one. Mention clearly the dates, grades you achieved and name of the university and the course title. Check resume sample for more details.
- If you have done any module which is relevant for the job you are applying then mention that also.
- The work experience part of resume is the area which will get the maximum focus. The best resume advices that we can give are that use more of business terms that are relevant to the job you are applying to in this part.
- Mention the skills you have acquired over the years and highlight those that are directly related to the job. You can make two headings here – one as “relevant job experience” and the other as “other job experience”.
- Substantiate your resume with your achievements which should be expressed in measurable terms.
- Try to mention the contributions you made to your previous companies by giving concrete data.
- Try to include action verbs when describing your role and experiences. Resume writing services may help in writing a good resume.
- Focus on how the company will benefit by hiring you.
- Your resume should be well-formatted. Invest time in writing a resume which showcases your writing skills.
You may not be the most educated or experienced to get the job but still you can grab the attention of the screener to get an interview call. This resume advice will definitely help you to write a smarter a resume and win a chance to impress your prospective employer to hire you.